Wednesday 11 April 2012

It's my Birthday and I can Cry if I want to

Today is day 50 on my journey.  I made some great friends in Alicante, the hostel was practically empty which made for a better experience in my opinion.  I even got offered a job at the hostel if I ever want to go back and live on the beach.  Sounds good to me.

Barcelona is beautiful, I havn't seen much but I cannot wait to explore.  I get a little down on my birthday I don't know why.  I am desperatly searching for a friend to chat to, it makes the lonliness go away.  This new hostel is completely full and it seems as if I may just have to go walk up to a table and join an already formed group.  It's a hard thing to do.  Not too many loners like myself here. 

I was going to try the couchsurfing thing today.  So I had a host and I asked if we could meet first.  I called him when I arrived and he had the voice of a 65 year old man yet his profile said 28.  Not gonna lie, it scared me so I refused to meet up.  So I came to a hostel and it is too large.  It is not quaint or homely like many others have been.  It feels like I am in a high school cafeteria but I'm the dumb kid who came back to try and graduate but is obviously older than everyone else.

I'm sure once I sign off this blog I will make a great friend, but as of yet I ate dinner alone and all I wanted was a quick bite and they took so long with serving me and bringing the bill.  Times like these I should've caved and got McDonalds... 

There is a Gaudi building right next door, when I came out from the metro I was bewildered.  Usually when I arrive at a hostel it takes at least a day to make friends so this is normal.  It's just that it is my birthday in a few hours and I am all screwed in the head about the Forever 27 club that I just want to get my mind out of the gutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment