Tuesday 3 April 2012

April 3rd 2012, Day 42 - Happy Half-way Day to Me

My bag is re-packed, clean and tight.  My clothes are so fresh and clean, the fruits of my labours.  I love doing my laundry by hand and finding strange places to hang them to dry, it really makes me appreciate having clean clothes.  It is an accomplishment that I am proud of more so than a fancy dress or nice shoes. 

I really did not want to leave the Sicilian garden this afternoon, I could easily have spent another week lounging amongst the fig and lemon trees with the mountain view and the sea down the hill but I cannot miss out on the next step so alas I must leave.  I will upload pictures soon enough I want more than anything to share the beauty.   

While in Alcamo, Massimo our generous host, took us around to all the hidden gems he grew up with.  On our first night he took us to the 'Termo' which is a natural hot spring.  So magical.  The next day he took us to the beach and I obtained some pretty sexy bright pink pants... Ooops...  We went to another beach on Sunday where I swam in the Mediterranean for the first time in my life.  It was a little chilly but oh so worth it.  We rode a scooter and it was so awesome I think I may have to rent a scooter of my own in Spain...

THIS AFTERNOON-- The day is serene.  Spotless.  Blue and green, my favourite colours, with magical touches of purple and yellow.  Oh how beautiful it must be when the figs are ripe and ready to be loved by my belly.



1 comment:

  1. It is so beautiful, listening to you describe in such lovely details the small pleasures of your experiences :)
    Miss you tremendously and I look forward to your return xo

    ReplyDelete