Wednesday 26 September 2012

To Your Health



It is nearing lunch time and I haven’t yet had breakfast.  Nothing in my fridge or freezer truly appeals to my belly so, almost every day, I hold breakfast off until lunch.  By then I know I must eat and I will give into that which I want to avoid: meat, dairy, bread.  So I have an egg, a slice of bacon, half a piece of toast.  I am not happy about this because lately I have the strongest desire to eat raw.  Every voice in my head is telling me if I incorporate more raw veggies into my diet I will flourish mentally, physically, and spiritually.  I am always the first person to advise friends when they need or want changes in their lives to not be discouraged in your path when things don’t happen immediately.  We are brought up in this society to expect quick results and be upset when it does not come into play in the time frame we so desire.  So I tell myself this, I have the desire and the power to make a dietary switch in a manner that moves slowly, like a gentle crook making its way to the larger lake, then streaming into the ocean.  Perhaps I’ve been going down this stream my whole life working my way to the bigger picture.  I had been vegetarian for 4 years during high school however back then I was not well equipped to handle that diet.  I found myself living off of pasta, potatoes, and dairy.  After 4 years I could not do a single push up.  I believe our bodies go through phases and my body is now telling me that certain foods have no use for me anymore.  I don’t think that becoming extreme in any way is the right path.  If someone has me over for dinner and the food they’ve taken the time to prepare is a hamburger I will not decline even when my heart is screaming SALAD!  I respect people too much to put down or turn my nose up at their efforts.  I am going to start incorporating new recipes and slowly making changes until a healthier diet becomes pure habit.  Our diets truly have a lot to do with the people in our lives; people have so much influence we cannot deny this.  If my brother didn’t just stop by with a pizza and crazy bread, I totally would have been happy with my salad dinner, but I could not resist his influence and the smell of pizza and crazy bread.  I have been enjoying making carrot juice on the weekends and even this past Saturday having a dinner of only vegetables.  It is so nice to be with someone who has such a positive influence on me and loves veggies as much as I do!  It is nice to finally be at a place where I am attracting like-minded souls and together we all can flourish and move towards feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment