Thursday 6 September 2012

End of Summer Closing Remarks


When the world seems heavier and filled with troubles, remember about patience and timing. Everything comes when it must come. A life cannot be rushed.

dr. brian weiss



Aug 30, 2012

It is damn windy on the beach today.  Today is my last real beach day of the summer in Port Dover.  A real beach day to me is a day where I am alone.  Growing up I had always only ever gone to the beach with my family or friends.  It is most commonly seen as a group outing where clearly it is more fun to have at least one other person to talk to, share drinks, swim with and it is absolutely necessary when throwing a Frisbee.  When I am alone it is a definite me party, the Muppets coin things best.  When I am alone I have such a wonderful eternal reflection that I need so much.  My life has had a lot of stuff going on in it and I need to be alone to think, stare, write, draw, listen... at least once a week as the bare minimum.  For me, the beach is the most ideal place for this. I have the sun shining on my heavedly sunscreened body.  The breeze and waves offer such calmness today.   I don’t really feel the urge to go swimming because the water has gotten so gross lately. I hung out for a bit at the beach last evening as well, not to swim because it was later in the evening, but to just enjoy the scenery and read, write, and draw.  It was a beautiful late day.  I drew a picture to preserve the ever-changing beach line (sand to water separation).  In the last two months, drastic changes have occurred on the beach line.  More changes than I’ve seen in my entire life of visiting this beach.  It has always been soft and sandy everywhere and even was a few weeks ago; now there is a strip of ooey-gooey-gross-squish-in-your-toes muck in the water that runs about 10 ft. long.  You can avoid it by swimming over it to get to the next sand bar <that which I did when I eventually gave in and submerged into the cool waves>.  It amazes me to wonder how the goo is only in one spot, stuck in the same spot along the beach, somehow the waves must have brought it in and got it stuck there.



On another note, we saw an alien planet (or ship) one late late night on the beach in the night sky.  Shit was googled and apps specializing in stars and planets were used to figure this bright light out.  It is a mystery and there are a handful of people who saw it and know it to be real.  No one was scared.  I was scared at some past time of extra-terrestrial stuff, especially after watching the 4th kind.  After inward insight and strange dreams I have decided to have faith that the aliens are out for our best interest, or more importantly the planets, which is our best interest anyway, same thing.



I have been living in Dover for 2 months, and I have truly enjoyed all the new experiences and people I’ve met during this time.  I have beyond made better bonds this year than last year.  I feel so much happier when strong personalities don’t tug on my life strings.  I have done something this past year that I have not done in a long while, I stood up to two big forces that were draining me bit by bit.  I could never have participated in the festivals, that I sold my stuff at this summer, last summer.  The one force would have been a big fat whiney baby about where my time was spent and how much of it was on his time, which of course is the means to all ends fa la la dee dah!  I LOVE BEING FREE!  Last summer there were many occasions on most weekends where I wanted to do what I wanted, even if what I wanted was to just enjoy my time on my front porch chatting with Finnegan, but he absolutely and unequivocally demanded my time and my presence.  No care for what I wanted or needed, and too much care for his plans and wellbeing.  Week nights had the second force using up all my time.  I made decent friends but her presence over took my small voice.  I mean, I’d love to think I can’t be swayed so easily, buy I’m really damn passive and easy-going and will most always falter into peace, love, and understanding. 



This year I had the utmost pleasure to get to know so many different people being able to be open and free and this served to make this just past summer the best ever yet.  I love how things just keep getting better, not perfectGrowing and going forth a little more each and every dayThere is no rush, there never was, there never will be.  While I believe it is good to hold attainable goals for the future, it is most important to enjoy today.  Today I come full circle once again.  Finishing another adventure and off to start a new one.  The last week of June had me walking up and down Main St. handing out flyers to promote the kids camp.  It takes a lot of spunk to walk into every store, introduce myself and promote a theater kids camp.  While doing that I asked myself why I don’t have the sass to do that for my own business?  I came across 13 Reasons, an eclectic store with all Canadian-made jewellery, clothing, soap and everything wonderful.  When I asked the owner if I could leave some flyers behind for the camp I couldn’t help but say, oh hey by the way…  I brought up my clothing line, spoke of the festivals I would be attending and talked about maybe placing some of my pieces in her store.  I planted a seed; I made a contact.  A month later the owner of this store passed through my booth at a festival and her daughter bought a pair of my shorts.  Today I followed up with her, for an hour and a half I showed everything I had and although she didn’t take anything for her store, I am happy with the absolutely fantastic advice she gave me.  I am more than pleased with the outcome of the connection and that I am learning more. 

I have so many new ideas for next year.  The support that I have been shown from family and friends has been overwhelming.  This past summer I have been truly moved by this support system, my friends who believe in me more than I do sometimes, it moves me to wimpy tears.  Damn the man, I am going to keep on trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment