Sunday 4 March 2012

Venice

I am having trouble uploading pictures to my blog ;(  I really wanted to share the photo of my puffy foot!  I am in Venice and it is so boring and there is not much to do here.  So I am taking this time to relax and chat live on fb and catch up with uploading photos since there is a free computer here with interweb.

At my hostel here in Venice I feel a bit like the queen as I was givin the best bed in my dorm it really is quite sweet.  The woman who runs the hostel is so sweet and she feels like a mother even though she is one year younger than me.  I've yet to have some gelato but it has been taunting me from all the windows.

The local Italian men are so stupid here.  I was walking around yesterday and some twerpy dude shorter than me just put his arm around me and tried to walk with me and take my picture and he didn't even know a word of english.  What a freak.  I had another strange experience in Paris where I dude sat one step higher than me along the water and started throwing crumpled up napkins at my head.  He kept pretending it wasn't him but I'm not that dumb.  Every time I looked away he tapped my back so I just ignored him and he just tapped me more; he is lucky I didn't throw him off the canal. 

Will a boy please explain to me why they're so stupid?  Why they think that if you smile at them or engage in a 5 minute conversation that it means you will partake in something further.  Intentions my friends; get some good ones please before I scream!  Anyway not all my experiences have been bad; I've made some great Australian male friends who never tried to expect more from me and I love them for it.

I've met a few good females on my travels too who share so much of my interests and values it is so refreshing.  I must admit I am truly looking forward to seeing my girlfriend, Pamela, this Wednesday.

Tomorrow I leave Venice for Rome and stay there for 2 nights.  From Rome I will be heading down to Bari and hugging my buddy and setting forth to Greece for the weekend!  Awww I cannot wait to get out of these lonely cities and see some beautiful scenery!

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to most European men (especially in Italy and most of the time young and energetic), they act like little boys, and I say that matter-of-factly. Don't let it get to you, it's a natural mentality for them they're kind of famous for, and although it isn't right, they don't know anything but most of the time so it's sorta best to let it slide cuz for the most part, they're as harmless as they are gross.

    ReplyDelete