Tuesday 6 March 2012

Roma


I am trying so hard to share this video from last night.  I arrived in Rome yesturday.  I decided to just start walking and look for the Colliseum.  I found it and I was immediately moved.  Around the ancient ruins I am geting that familiar feeling; de ja vù if you please. 

It started raining it felt so great.  I have been blessed with such amazing weather since arriving two weeks ago it was refreshing to feel the rain.  The rain makes new.  Washes over.  Gypsies (my new name for anyone trying to sell me crap or hand me papers) kept trying to sell me an umbrella and I wasn't having it.  The rain made the smell of the ruins come alive.  If I could upload a smell I would insert it here!
So I am walking listening to my music and then I can kinda here something so I pause my mp3 player and sure enough, guitar in the rain.  The first street performer I gave some coins to.  I kept walking and climbed some fantastic steps and felt like the king or the emperor of the world.

On my way back the man was still playing his guitar in the rain across the street so I stopped for a minute.  I stopped and noticed a bit of a shrine.  Beautiful flowers and a bike and a message.  A woman had been killed at that exact spot while riding her bike.  I read the message and the guitar man broke out into Stairway.  How moving; how magical.

I have footage I wish to share.

Today I continued to explore and I felt that good 'ol feeling while walking through the gardens.  Rome is something else.  To be able to walk through the streets and find ruins everywhere you go is just spetacular.  I love it.  But alas, I leave tomorrow.

"Bittersweet" is the word of the week.  If you hear the word I invite you to scream like in Pee Wee Herman!

"It's bitter baby and it's oh so sweet"

1 comment: