Sunday 11 March 2012

Café de Flore

On March 7th I took a train from Roma to Bari.  I am travelling sans technology other than my music machine and camera so to make plans to meet a friend is totally oldskool right now.  I say, "Going to be here around 7 I sure hope you'll be there too!"  So I get off my train and I am in a warm southern part of Italy; I see trees that look like giant pineapples and I sit and wait.  I get up and walk back and forth. I think to myself, oh I hope she comes...

VOILA!  There she is and I am so happy I could cry.  We hug and it is just after 7 and we know the boat for Greece leaves at 8 so we jump in a cab and get to the boat just on time.  We buy "deck" tickets which truly meant that we were supposed to sleep outside on the deck... Luckily it is slow season so we sleep on a chair or a floor or wherever.  It was a long boat ride and we bought some wifi for a few hours but it ran out pretty quickly.  So Pamela suggests that I watch this film on her computer.  I watch.  I love.

It has been a very long time since I have watched a movie that I absolutely love and it was so perfect for the moment; the acting remarkable; storyline gripping; climax actually there for a change!  Everything I wonder about at the moment is touched in this movie.  I am so happy she shared this film with me I really needed that.  Something Special Happened That Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment