Thursday 16 February 2012

Patience

Sometimes I feel as if my patience is constantly being tested.  As if some sort of exterior force is throwing nuisances my way to see if I can keep my composure.  But why would any sort of being want to break another’s spirit?  I mean, I know it happens, I know so many instigators in my life, I just cannot understand why?  I know humans are a flawed species but we can also be a perfect bunch; it’s all these instigators that turn us into angry and easily up settable beings.  

But I try; I try each and every day to not succumb to the fury.  It is highly more prevalent in the city; the reason I say it is more prevalent in cities is based solely on population.  So quick is one able to anger another resulting in a never ending dominoes effect or even a "downward spiral".   One guy cuts off the other guy while driving then that guy goes to work and takes his anger out on a co-worker then that dude goes to the store after work and acts rude to the cashier then the cashier goes home and bitches at their family then a family member snaps on his or her mate and so on.  Anger and bad attitudes is like a disease constantly spreading but to call it a "disease" would be to say it is incurable and out of our hands.   Life does not have to be as such and the reason that I say my patience is being tested is because I am always trying my hardest to break this cycle; to not let the anger get to me in a way where I help to spread this disease.  If I am upset because someone yelled in my face I will not turn around and yell back.  If someone insults me I will try my best to not insult back.  If my father blares the same song over and over again when I am trying to rest I cannot in return pump up the base when he is sleeping.  Do not mistake this for weakness; in fact, it takes all the strength in the world to not fight fire with fire but to instead fight fire with water.  I truly believe that if I succumb to the doucheness of the world then I am a douchebag as well.  I cannot rightfully claim that it is wrong to yell and scream if I turn around and yell and scream back.  

In order to prove that patience and consideration is the best behaviour I must stay strong and be the example.  So I will not retaliate when you cut me off on the road; I will smile and dance to the song on the radio.  I will not retaliate when you purposely try to annoy me by banging on the floors and replaying the same shitty song as loud as possible but I may feel relief when you break your foot that same evening; relief that karma is alive and strong and a bitch.  However it can get a little bit harder every day; a little harder to block the noise, to not retaliate, to not insult back...  

So I need to replenish my patience before I become that which I loathe.  Just another reason why, in a few days, I am off to see just how magnificent this world truly is.  I will come back a better person and I will try my best to only give out good energy no matter what lemon gets thrown my way.  To quote a good travel blog http://travelindependent.info/  "a bad day travelling is better than a good day at work".    I cannot find a better link to this song, but this is what I sing every time my patience gets tested as a reminder to stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. Life throws everyone curveballs and I think you and I can both attest to that, however I think it's safe to say that because you are one of those individuals who recognizes stress and obstacles as things that will interfere with your production, attitude and happiness if you let them get to you, and I think your attitude towards these things exemplifies your strength, is something that I bare witness whenever I am with you, and is something to truly be admired.

    ReplyDelete