Tuesday 31 January 2012

London Hosteling

My first stop on my journey is London, England.  What a fantastic place to start my European adventure!  Since I am now a mere 3 weeks away from take off I felt it necessary to narrow down my hostel searches and finally chose one to stay at for a whopping 5 days!  Once again I over-researched and had way too many hostels on my list to chose from.  I ended up picking a hostel that is pretty central but still in the cute artsy neighbourhood of Camden called St. Christopher's Camden.  Camden is where you would have found Amy Winehouse sipping on beers at the local bar.  It is also where you will find the infamous Abbey Road.  It is also closer to the train station in which I have an early morning Monday departure to Paris, so that saves me the trouble of trying to get around London to find King's Cross at like 5am on a Monday morning!  There are also two tube stations close by so I can see the rest of London quite easily.

So once again there are many sites to book hostels on.  I had been frequenting Hostel World http://www.hostelworld.com for quite some time but then I noticed I had bookmarked http://www.hostels.com a few months back... Naturally I compared the prices and Hostels.com were about 10 cents cheaper a night!  Haha I know not much, but I would like to give my business to the better price no matter the difference.  I decided to check the hostels actual website and the prices were even higher.  Then I came across http://www.hostelbookers.com/ and I found the same bookings but this time I got the entire bill down by 12$!  On these websites you can see how many beds are left for the days that you've chosen and I noticed that the room I was booking had only one bed left for a few of the days so I made my booking!  I am very excited and to share my excitement I would like for David Bowie to sing a song:



No comments:

Post a Comment