Friday 6 July 2012

Benjamin Button


Am I supposed to feel older as time passes by?  Because I definitely feel younger everyday.  I look at life as if I were a child who's never known or seen hardships.  I try my best to shake off all those things in life that effect you and turn you jaded and sour.  I was a very serious child;  listening in on the adults' conversations while seeking refuge behind my mother's tallness instead of actively seeking friendship with kids my own age.  I was an extremely shy and imaginative kid.  Books, nature, animals and music were my best friends and that has not changed at all over the years.  I've been an avid tree climber my whole life and I will never stop swinging around like a monkey, you can't make me if you tried!  I got my first clock radio when I was in grade one and I immediately tuned it to 1050 chum and thought I could grow up to be Diana Ross or one of the Supremes.  I would walk aimlessly around the school yard alone when I had no friends and be in complete bliss while discovering new dimensions and magical worlds whenever I passed through the appropriate tree branch or certain rock.  My brother recalls that time when I had no friends in grade one and he felt sorry for me as he saw me walk back and forth along the fence and tree line all recess long.  A few years ago I remember him reminiscing to me about this and how he invited me to play hockey with him and his friends.  It was really nice of him to have his little sister tag along but to be completely honest my memories and feelings of the situation were not sad.  I was not sad to be alone walking back and forth because I swear on my life I was in a magical kingdom where anything was possible!  This sense of wonder will live in me forever I just know it.  I do not in any way shape or form feel the pressure that people my "age" feel; aka marriage and children.  All I care about is happiness and spreading good vibes all over the world!

2 comments:

  1. ........it's like reading about me.
    1050 chum and everything.
    Why am I not surprised ;)

    Let's make some magic when I come home, my little fae friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic with Mushrooms? Hehe

    ReplyDelete