Friday 25 May 2012

Wake Up

First and foremost I would like to state how much music inspires and motivates me.  Awolnation changed my world last year.  Instant groupie I am, already seen them live twice!

I don't always speak up on politics because I have always been so interested in them that I am a firm believer that one must not talk the talk if they are unwilling to walk the walk.  I also have very unconventional views on politics and what I believe will happen and should happen.  

The world is going to shit.  One of the reasons I needed to travel at the beginning of this year was because I am seeing this world come crumbling down and I wanted to hurry up and get out into it before it becomes too hard to do so.

There is a gun pointed at this Earth, some would say that North America is holding that gun.  It is starting to seem to me as if the Earth itself is our only hope to save this planet --} ICE AGE COMING IN 3D to a theater near you...

If the "baby boomers" have a name for their boost in the population then what the hell are we (the children of the boomers)?  The population is ever rising and our Earth cannot support this dramatic increase.  Math cannot be disputed, we know how molecules divide and grow, the same as with money and people.  The more we have the more we can make.  The rich are filthy rich and the poor have no hope.  We (the children of the boomers) have the strength in numbers and I wish we would start realizing that and do something about it.

My solution to my disgust with the world has been too just take care of myself.  I've never been one to force my way onto others or join a group or club;  live and let live and as long as you're not hurting people, animals or nature you won't hear a peep out of me.  I try to do my best in what I think will help our planet grow and survive but it is so not enough. 

While traveling I have seen movements and people raising awareness through music and art and I have found it ever so inspiring.  As a teenager I was always so out spoken and so ready to show the world that I was different and that I would never conform to it's ways.  I still am that same person I just go about it quietly and keep under the radar.  I am bored of keeping the peace and I am about ready to fight.  To stand up to the injustice, to raise my fist and my voice in defiance when wrong is done, to take those who believe in a "hierarchy" and teach them what life truly is about.

"Rules and regulations are a refuge for the incompetent."

I could go on and on about how many stupid and useless rules there are in Canada.  One person does something irresponsible and our government is so quick to make a fluckin' law to abstain the rest of the people from making the same mistake.  They treat us like we are so incompetent and cannot figure out for ourselves what is appropriate or inappropriate behavior.  I do not need to be told how to act or think because I have it figured out by now as a 28 year old woman with an inquisitive and extremely reasonable mind.  I do not litter, I do not drink and drive, I do not steal from anyone or anything and I do not need anyone to tell me those things are wrong or illegal because I can figure it out for myself.  

Before heading to Greece I had so many people warn me not to go.  They said that the people in Athens are dangerous and it is an unsafe time to travel through there.  That was complete and utter bullshit.  The news has North Americans shaking in their panties everyday.  Don't act like you don't know what the "scare factor" is.  Our government wants us to be afraid of the world.  They don't want us to go to Europe and learn from the Europeans a better way of life and they want us to stay on Canadian soil and spend money on our economy.  They make the Greeks out to be crazy anarchists but that is not that case.  What happens in Greece is that people don't roll over and give up when changes in the system occur.  The people stand up together and take a stance and speak about politics and implement changes however they can.  They are loud and out spoken and that is why it makes the news.  If the bus prices go up in Athens, the people don't ride the bus for a week.  When the bus prices go up in Mississauga people shrug their shoulders and claim helplessness.  I look at the bus driver and say "WTF!?" then everyone on the bus looks at me like I belong in the looney bin.  Well I think that all of those people who do not think that $3.25 is an absolutely ludicrous amount to pay for one bus ride are the crazy ones.  

Dear Hazel:  I got beef.

I have come to many realizations while abroad.  Not that it takes someone needing to bounce half way across the world to come to such epiphany's, however in my case it has clearly contributed.  I am free to decide.  I have always known this but I give in to pressure so easily.  I am so ready to keep the peace and just shrug my shoulders and move on.  When I have at times stood up for what I want and know to be right I get grief from those who have a different idea of the situation.  I am free to decide and so are you.


If one chooses to believe the rantings of a mad man we would all be a bunch of Nazi suicide bombers.  I have always been assertive in my choice to take what others say with a grain of salt.  For entertainment purposes, listen to everyone.  But people please, I beg of you, learn the facts for yourself and question everything.  Come to your definite decisions with your own free will and choice.  Act on things not based upon what others say to do but act because you know in both your mind and heart that it is the right choice.  
Learn.  Love.  Grow.  Be.  Free.

...and when you are a woman and it is that time of the month, listen to heavy metal alone and leave your family, friends and loved ones out of it!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, another good read :) Looking forward to a tete-a-tete on this topic with you, possibly including some sort of snack.

    ReplyDelete