Thursday 28 February 2013

Moonbeam

If all of our life's experiences could be taken away, what would we dream of?

My dreams are always so laced with parts of my past, present, and future.  I realize that we are the sum of our experiences.  I feel like this is a bad thing.  Our every reaction is predetermined by what it reminds us of in both waking life and unconsciousness.  Even new experiences aren't looked upon as a baby experiencing something for the first time.  We still act in a way that is responding to whatever our history has made us feel or believe.  Maybe we appreciate it more because it's something that we never thought we could have; or we do not appreciate it far enough for it is something that always came so easily. 

I want to figure out a way to let go of my past so that I can truly live every moment without worry or fear.  To erase preconceived notions of places, people, and all things.  To be free from doctrine and tradition.  To stop dreaming of the old house, for I'd much rather not go back there. 

To answer the question:  
I suppose we might dream of such things like swimming with stars in faraway galaxies.

No comments:

Post a Comment