Friday 25 January 2013

Down on the Upside


Fitting title as it is what I am listening to at the moment as I finish off my butternut squash soup with curry and ginger.  Funny, when I eat this type of mushy soup it tends to be reminiscent of baby food to me.  I am finding facebook to be intolerably boring lately; likewise I am noticing many people opting out and shutting down their accounts.  I say, power to the people, do it!  I have noticed that when I had tried to share important documentaries and articles it does not show up on the newsfeed and just gets put up on my personal wall.  It irked me because the shit people update about on that same newsfeed is so unimportant and mind-defecating, yet I cannot get across to you the most important documentary that I saw all year, Thrive.
Ah well, it is probably better anyway since I am sure most the people could not care less about their life and the quality of it and the oppressors killing your livelihood through propaganda, chem trails, flouride, and so on.  I limit what I say because believe me I would love to share all this information with folks to help make this world a better place for themselves and their children but I know most will just label me a wacko or conspiracy theorist.  It takes a bit of effort on my part to not respond to stupidity on there, trolling if you will.  Such as a post I saw about how the Sandy Hook shootings would not have happened if "God" was in the classroom.  There are serious issues involved with sandy hook, god is not one of them, god is the least of my worries.  The biggest slap in the face with regards to that shooting of innocent children was the slap in the face that every single one of you gave the 20,000 African children that die from starvation EVERY DAY when you chose to ignore that injustice by reporting only on the other.  The slap in the face you gave every parent that lost a child in the school shooting the took place in Germany, you know the one that you didn't post about on the newsfeed?  Yah that one.  And all the other horrific ordeals that go on, like in China with the female babies thrown in toilets or in the Philippines where young girls are sold off to sex traffickers by their own parents.  But those kids aren't from North America so I guess they don't mean enough to make it on your newsfeed, right?

Understand I am only trying to give perspective on the situation, not single anyone out, I understand people are at different stages in their consciousness and some just plainly don't know better and some chose not to care.  Whatever it may be, I am not trying to pass judgement but rather ask where on god's green earth did it become ok to not give a shit about a child on another Continent but so willingly oppose what is happening on yours?  I am a firm believer that ALL LIVES are worth the same no matter gender, race or constitution.
Furthermore, here I am refraining from sharing the information about how the Sandy Hook shootings is an evil ploy, along with many other of the shootings taking place so frequently in American at this time, because I know that so many have their emotions invested in this one particular shooting and I would not want to offend, heavens no.  These shooting are happening to defer you from the truth of what is happening behind the scene, the grand master plan if you will.  That plan you ask?  Well it's up to you to look for the signs and decide for yourself.  The plan could be to take the guns away from the people so that they do not revolt against their government and it's corporations.  As information is being spread so widely and so quickly there is a definite awakening happening and the wool is being lifted from the eyes of many who've been so blinded by shiny things and big screens.  1 in every 4 Americans is incarcerated in "the land of the free" and there are jails and prisons sprouting up across the states far more quickly then gardens and trees.  [Side note: Mental Health and how it is percieved and dealt with in the USA is a MAJOR factor played, but I don't feel like getting into that one right not.)

Here is a video of a man who is the supposed father of one of the "victims" of the SH shooting laughing and then doing breathing exercises (a common acting technique to get into character) before going on camera.  I cannot believe for a second that a father who just lost his daughter would be laughing and smiling a day after her massacre.  There is just no way.


One more pet peeve that I have and that confuses the shit out of me.  Why the fuck do SO MANY people take pictures of themselves in mirrors so blatantly advertising their stupid iphone.  You know that same iphone that was made in a factory in china where the workers assembling that shit are committing suicide by throwing themselves from the factory windows.  I am all for self-portraiture, but I am more for creative portraits.  The only thing worse than the stupid phone and mirror picture is the duck-face-ipad-mirror photo.  For some of these said reasons I have chose to only use that social media site to catch up with friends, read articles from the independent news sources that I like, laugh at the witty postings of some and funny e-cards of others, and of course, get updates on music.  AHHHH MUSIC!  Back to the music.

I am a big fan of Chris Cornell and it is on my bucketlist to see him live and tonight I complete that goal.  I am very very excited to see Soundgarden, in fact I even feel blessed to have this opportunity to share music in a room of strangers, rocking their hearts out.  I am probably even more excited considering I have not left the house since Sunday, that is 5 days of hermit life.  However my nails are short, but the hair oh it's getting damn long.  I guess I am gloating too much here considering it's been like -20 all week so I am sure people would kill to have not had to leave the house all week!  I am a bear.  I am hibernating.  My favourite thing of the week was the serge in numbers of how many friends who I haven't seen too frequently lately calling me up randomly just to say HI!  Wow.  I feel loved.  Once again I will say, I am truly blessed in so many ways.

Last night while tossing and turning to get to sleep I came up with my next t-shirt design, it is a rip off of a tumblr picture that K-OS posted, but also something I've been saying for fun while wearing my panda hat I boldly state:  I'M A FUCKING PANDA.  I will have a series of shirts  but this one will do the best I am sure:
I know I know, I am venting like a crazy mother fucker on here today but it feels great to get this shit out.  Tonight I get the rest out by moshing too some of the fucking best rock and roll ever made and you can bet your pretty little ass that when you see me, if ever,  I will have a cheery disposition and be full of light and love, because I let this shit out and I move on.

Count Your Blessings Everyday and 
"Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you." -Deepak Chopra
"Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are..."
-Chris Cornell

1 comment:

  1. -Great post!
    -Can you make me a unicorn shirt in purple?

    ReplyDelete