Thursday 22 November 2012

Travellure

Two Big things on my mind lately, so I will talk about the easiest topic first.

This blog was intended to be a travel blog and somewhere along the way it became so much more.

So shall I get back to the basics once again?  I GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!

"Travellure" ---> A word I made up pertaining to the allure of travel!

I must spread my wings and fly.  When I arrived home from my 3 month gig in Europe I had thought that it would be totally plausible to move to Australia or New Zealand after Christmas.  Yeah right I don't even have enough for the plane ticket and it is almost December!  There is nothing wrong with dreaming big however reality does set in eventually.  The reality being, that summer job that was supposed to be full time for two months, didn't work out.  Selling my clothing line again kept me busy, but I didn't make any sort of income from it.  Once again, my only income coming from the family herbal extract business, and of course a few sewing jobs here and there.  I consider myself someone who works part-time, but does all the time.  I am always doing something; I am always keeping busy.  Whether I am writing, drawing, painting, studying, meeting up with good friends for dinner or drinks, going for hikes, whatever it is I am doing it always.  I am not wasting my life away that is for damn sure and I am proud of that.

I have not bought myself anything new since I've gotten home other than a t-shirt in the summer but only because it was buy one get one free and my bestie had a nice owl one picked out and I didn't want her to have to pay full price for it!  I obviously have bought a few "necessity" type things, not REAL necessities but things I enjoy to make me feel good about myself, like new mascara, mouthwash, tooth brush... I am literally looking around my office for something else I may have bought... OH there's a birthday present for Carson over there... his 2nd birthday is in 3 days but I am not sure if I will get a chance to see him but he is most definitely in my thoughts... I did not spend any money on my Halloween costume this year, I utilized only things I already had.  When I go out I don't spend much, I don't know exactly how I do it but it works.  I've gone to a few concerts and there is a BIG Soundgarden show coming up... But other than that I have become pretty free of buying shit I don't need and it definitely has helped me to be able to scrounge some pennies together.

How much I have grown since coming home from my travels in May is insurmountable; there is no possible means to weigh my growth and label it.  I conquered my dream and by doing that I forgave my past.  I am still overwhelmed with emotion when I think of the day I climbed the Eiffel Tower, the night I smelled the Colosseum in the rain, the afternoon I swam in the Mediterranean, the morning I trekked out to Figueres to see the Dali museum... and on and on.  I feel powerful because I did it all by myself and because I did it on a tight budget.  If I should gear my travel blogging towards any topic it should be that of traveling cheaply.

I believe that I could visit Eastern Europe for a month on a $2,000 budget.  To be entirely honest, I think I could do it for less!  I dare you to dare me!

I keep seeing pictures of Prague and it is driving me nuts that I was so close and thought about jumping over while in Berlin, but knew that I was stretching my time out too thin.  One of the reasons why I got to accomplish so much and see so much last spring in Europe was because I cut my time in some cities really short.  I spent only one night in Napoli and was able to meet an awesome friend from Montreal, find an interesting hang out square at night, wander the ruins of Pompeii (anyone looking to go there I advise to pack a lunch!) and discover a hidden Napoli way underground.  I did all that in time to catch a late night overnight train to Palermo.  While my shortened time in some places still had me conquering unknown lands, it would have been nice to just chill and relax in a park, like a did for a few too many days in Berlin, when I became weary of walking and train hopping.

So I've been thinking that I could do 5 major cities in 4-5 weeks.  Truly experience each one and also the culture.  I feel kinda smart about travel nowadays because I did so much and all by myself with absolutely nothing going wrong.  Well almost nothing... Feeling like I was being followed for half the time was wrong.  I have been hesitant to even explain my new travel ideas in detail because of that.  I have come to the conclusion that I am a free soul and I can freely speak about my plans here on my blog and I refuse to worry about silly things that bothered me in the past.

My plan, my dream, my new adventure springing forth from the depths of my innards:


I've looked up the cost of flights for all the surrounding cities and it looks like Prague is the cheapest at about $800 return.  I'm thinking I could fly in and out of Prague and do a fun little circle being: Prague ---> Vienna ---> Budapest ---> L'viv ---> Krakow ---> Prague

If I have time and money I might also throw in Munich, Kiev and Wroclaw, maybe even Warsaw, but I do not want to put myself in over my head this time.  I am in the researching and planning stages right now which is the most exciting part!

Prague
Vienna
Budapest
L'viv
Krakow
Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment