Friday 16 November 2012

Calm Waters

Dear People of the Earth

There has been a rise in views on this here blog lately.  I think a part of it is in direct correlation to my post entitled "Goji Berries"; people could be looking up the super food and getting a link to my blog perhaps?  For whatever reason this may be, I would like to invite all listeners to take a more active approach with me.  I share a lot, and I do not know with whom I am sharing with except for a mere few who discuss it with me in person.  I don't want to come off as preachy in all this so it would be nice to turn some of these posts into more of a discussion with my readers.  It feels a little one sided at the moment and it has made me feel a little uneasy.

"The Ten Manners of Life by Yogi Bhajan

If you want growth, you want to glow, you want grace, you want everything, you just need to follow the ten manners of life.
Listen
Feel the Other Person
Discuss and Dialogue
Come to a Mutual Understanding
Plan the Strategy: This must be mutual and you need to understand what happens.
Keep the Communication
Evaluate
Achieve
Exchange Greetings
Be Thankful
These are the laws for every human being to follow."

I've been in calm waters lately.  Metaphors, as confusing as they seem, make the most sense to me.  In my head, metaphors are truly the best way for me to relate and explain.  What does "calm waters" mean to you?  I'll start with the antonym: When I think of wavy waters, I think of fun, excitement, movement, emotional upheaval (good or bad), lack of control, ebb and flow, push and pull, etc.  I love wavy waters, literally this time not metaphorically.  When I go to the beach and I see white caps forming my heart races with excitement and I cannot wait to jump in!  I love throwing myself against the biggest waves, jumping over them, laughing with pure joy, sitting in a floating device and allowing the waves to take me wherever they chose; surrendering to nature.  There have been not so fun times with waves, like the time I was wearing my glasses and a wave came and knocked me off my floaty and they went flying off my face.  I was scared as hell, I looked up to the sky and said, WHY?  Within the minute of panic my toe brushed against something and I knelt down to dark waters and VOILA my glasses were somehow magically brought to me.  It was magic, there is no other reason that makes sense to me other than magic.  The day I lost a pair of 5$ sunglasses at the Sandhills from a big wave. I gave up quickly on those because they were not my 500$ eye glasses needed for seeing!  A few hours later I look into my beach bag and TAHDAH there were my stupid sunglasses!  How could this be?  My friends insisted this was a ghost, which I could easily nurture that type of thought, however this time it would be to illogical and unreasonable I could not give in to such a proposition.  I quickly questioned my friends, the lovers had walked ahead of us down the beach so it seemed more likely that the glasses could have washed to shore, found by them and then they tried to play a trick on me.  Which I did get them to admit eventually; even if they had never admitted this as true, I could see they were lying.  It is damn easy to see when someone is fibbing it is written all over their face, words, gestures.  Who do you think you're kidding?  Anyways, I still think that the way those glasses just washed ashore and were found by the lovers was still a fantastic happening in itself.  This was all last summer and I was absolutely convinced that I could not lose anything even if I tried.  Everything kept coming back to me!  The only way for me to lose something is if I break it!  While travelling for 3 months the only thing I lost (other than a few socks, but socks do no count, there is a sock monster that takes socks into another realm, it's true) was a blue scarf.  A scarf that I liked a lot and was worth about 3 bucks.  It does not concern me because how could it?  It's a stupid scarf!  Which in the end gave me the reason to walk around Madrid looking for a new one and in the end buying some cute new shirts that I really enjoy wearing to this day!  So, like I was saying, I enjoy waves the most.  However I know I would not enjoy those waves so much if it weren't for the calm waters I am experiencing right now.

So I will take my time and float slowly by, recuperating, studying whatever I feel like knowing more about, reminiscing on all my journeys, understanding love on a deeper level.  The metaphysical benevolent universe is here always, not waiting for anyone or for the next wave to come by, it just is.  I will be the wave and the still waters.  I will incorporate everything into my existence and be grateful for it all because without one there is no other.  I will try my best to not get down on myself for doing what seems to be like not enough.

I'm not sure if it has been noticed by anyone, but I often leave a quote at the end of a post that is an intentional foreshadow to things that are on my mind and are to come next on this journey of expression from me to you.


Love should be like breathing. It should be just a quality in you, wherever you are, with whomsoever you are, or even if you are alone, Love goes on overflowing from you. It is not a question of being in Love with someone, it is a question of being Love.
— Osho

No comments:

Post a Comment