Tuesday 9 October 2012

I do not want to live on this planet anymore.

I believe this is an expression that is used a lot, and with a hashtag on the end?

I had to ask why people were putting the number sign before bunched up words.

I feel as if I am being tested.  I think it's going to keep happening until I learn and grow.

I sit here, on the floor of a condo, floor to ceiling windows, Toronto's tallest landmark in clear view.

I am reminded of a distinct scene from the Fountainhead:

Gail Wynand leering out of his top story condo over the city he has manipulated

A gun in his hand.

The reason I can't be a part of this system

It is not the planet that I cannot be a part of

It is the humans who know better and do worse.

Don't surrender your life to the momentum of mediocrity.

Everyone's always working for the weekend


"He cares for nothing and everything at the same time.  Noble in thought weak in action.  Something has to change something has to give.  Its getting dark, too dark to see."
*Waves wash over*
-Californication


Text messaging is destroying communication.

We are messaging each other more often
pushing through absolutely meaningless non-sentences 
over thinking a response
to keep it in the boundaries allowed
its like taking the music from the ears
the colour from the eyes
instead of hearing your lover giggle over silly tones
people use the dreaded acronym
it's a scapegoat I refuse
sometimes we cant decipher 
if someone is serious or playing
there are no tones
no tones
no music
no laughter
blatant rhetoric bullshit

No comments:

Post a Comment