Monday 9 September 2013

I Dreamt A Dream

Today was my first day of school, a day that I've been anticipating since before I even chose the school and enrolled.  During orientation this morning, the instructor spoke about the importance of dreams; how there is so much hidden meaning and if we can tune into these unconscious moments we may find clarity or messages to help us on our path in life.  I had been having dreams about sitting in a classroom since I left the classroom about 10 years ago.  More so recently, more vivid and knowing it was aimed towards my future and not one of the wandering my old high school hallways.  I've been prone to déjà vu my entire life, but in the last few years it has been more real.  I can distinctly remember that these so called "déjà vu" moments are in fact memories of my dreams.  Dreams being the more surreal version and life far more practical or normal.  Simple things like the sunset, or a conversation, a moment that I know I dreamt about.

I started paying attention to my dreams at a young age so I learned how to control them and also remember them afterwards.  In a dream, sometimes I know I am dreaming and I act in a way that I know I could not in regular life.  For example, to escape a bad situation I just flap my arms and fly, I soar.  I know how it feels to fly, in fact it feels more real to me than the fact that I cannot in waking life fly.

Another all too common reoccurring dream is of my placement in Port Dover.  Funny enough, even after giving up on trying to find work in that special little town, it pulled me back.  I mean that in the truest way.  I really did not want to go back there this summer.  I didn't get the job I wanted after a few years of trying and a friend who was born and raised there decided to, gosh, for lack of better words, hate me.  When I was offered a full time position for the last 4 months I had to take it, even through my hesitation I knew I belonged there.  I know I have a connection with the land, my roots are dug deep into the Norfolk County soil.  I dream all the time of my life there, I am not surprised I ended up there for a nice while.  I am also not surprised that when my boyfriend came and picked me up to bring me back home, the rain hit.  The rain hit hard, so bad that his windshield wipers stopped working and we had to keep pulling off to the side of the road to wait it out.  I knew the land was trying its darnedest to keep me there, but alas I had to move on.  For school.  For family.  But the future holds more.

No comments:

Post a Comment